top of page

Groupe de nature-et-conscience

Public·29 membres

Amuse-BoucheHannibal : Season 1 Episode 2

The episode revolves around Will Graham, who is now a special investigator for the FBI. He is then recruited by Jack Crawford to inspect Garret Jacob Hobbs' cabin in the woods when they are assigned to a new case, nine bodies that were buried alive and mushrooms grown from their bodies. Upon finding evidence that the killer used medication to induce diabetic coma, the team realizes they may be looking for a pharmacist. Their attempts are getting thwarted by Freddie Lounds, a tabloid blogger who wants to get information at any cost to post at her blog. Graham's therapy with Lecter continues to evolve. The episode received positive response from critics, who praised Dancy's and Mikkelsen's chemistry in the episode as well as the writing and character development.

Amuse-BoucheHannibal : Season 1 Episode 2

Download: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Ftweeat.com%2F2udrxq&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw2BIboPDe61uItucl4gchj4

Chelan Simmons, who portrays Gretchen Speck-Horowitz in Fuller's show Wonderfalls, also appears in the episode, reverting to her maiden name after her divorce. This is the second time Simmons and Dhavernas collaborated as Dhavernas was the main character in Wonderfalls.[3]

The episode was watched by 4.38 million viewers, earning a 1.7/5 in the 18-49 rating demographics on the Nielson ratings scale, ranking first on its timeslot and seventh for the night in the 18-49 demographics.[4] This is a slight improvement over the pilot, which was watched by 4.36 million viewers with a 1.6/5 in the 18-49 demographics.[5] This means that 1.7 percent of all households with televisions watched the episode, while 5 percent of all households watching television at that time watched it. With DVR factored in, the episode was watched by 6.74 million viewers with a 2.8 in the 18-49 demographics.[6]

"Amuse-Bouche" received positive response from critics. Eric Goldman of IGN gave the episode a "great" 8.5 out of 10 and wrote, "While the second episode of Hannibal did introduce a new 'killer of the week', I was also very happy to see plenty of fallout from what occurred in the pilot, as it became clear there was no easy 'well, that's all over' procedural vibe here."[7]

Alan Sepinwall of HitFix wrote, "It's a potent combination. The mushroom imagery is haunting enough that it maybe could have carried the episode on its own, but as just one element in an hour featuring lots of fallout from the Garrett Jacob Hobbs killing, the on-camera introduction of Fuller's version of Freddie Lounds(*), it's dynamite."[9] Laura Akers of Den of Geek wrote, "This week's Amuse-Bouche, for instance, provided a morbidly fascinating crime: the perpetrator buried people alive (and kept them alive) to serve as fodder for fungus. The setup was intricate, and in a sense, beautiful - I looked forward to understanding the psychology of a man who would do such a thing."[10]

Hannibal, even in the original novels, is a foil for other people, a cold and self-assured presence that nurtures dark desires. Will is still haunted by the killing of Garrett Jacob Hobbs, not because he regrets it, but because he has realized maybe he liked it a little bit. Though "like" perhaps isn't the right word -- as Hannibal suggests to him to close the episode: it's "power."

This episode flew by for me, and when the credits popped up I couldn't wait for next week's episode -- something I find pretty rare in most procedural shows. I chalk this up to Bryan Fuller's influence -- Pushing Daisies was essentially a crime drama, too, but what a lovely world that was. Hannibal is much darker, but it also has a stylish beauty to it. I like it.

Amuse-BoucheSeason 1, Episode 2Air dateApril 11, 2013Written byJim Danger GrayDirected byMichael RymerEpisode GuidePreviousNextApéritifPotageNavigationAmuse-Bouche galleryCast"Amuse-Bouche" is the second episode of Season 1, and overall the second produced hour of Hannibal. It originally aired on April 11, 2013.

The case, however, was given short-shrift: the majority of the episode was spent setting up the remaining key players on the show and establishing the complexity and dangerous potential of the psychology of Will Graham.

We also get a nice introduction to Freddie Lounds, a character who adds a much-needed female dynamic I mentioned last week (there are other females in the episode, but the two women at the FBI have hardly presented themselves as interesting entities yet). I was expecting her to show up on the show (though I was expecting it to be a male, as in the books), but I love the idea of a tabloid journalist who is not only good at her job, but completely aware and lacking remorse for the damage her articles cause.

"Amuse-Bouche" is the second episode of season one of the psycho-thriller/crime-drama television series Hannibal. The episode was directed by Michael Rymer with a teleplay written by Jim D. Gray. It first aired on Friday, April 11th, 2013.

In this episode, Will Graham is suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome after his harrowing encounter with serial killer Garret Jacob Hobbs. Because Hannibal was present when Graham took Hobbs' life, a bond begins to form between the two, though Will is still resistant to therapy. Garret's daughter, Abigail, is hospitalized, but in a coma. Meanwhile, a demented pharmacist named Eldon Stammets begins using his patients as human fertilizer in order to grow a mushroom garden. He believes that through fungus, a connection can be made between people. Tabloid journalist Freddie Lounds lies to a police detective to get some inside info on Will Graham and publishes a scathing news article, questioning Will Graham's sanity. 041b061a72

À propos

Bienvenue dans le groupe ! Vous pouvez communiquer avec d'au...

membres

bottom of page